Smart Container Kiosk Conversion Solutions for Inspirational Spaces.
Container conversion projects create a sustainable, cost-effective, spacious and safe environment in a short time frame which would be difficult to match using traditional building methods. The use of alternative types of modular or temporary units offers the opportunity to create stunning accommodation. AJC have converted shipping containers into a vast range of uses from classrooms and holiday pods to cafes and shops ( including custom fabricated steel market stalls). 20ft and 40ft High Cube containers are often used for these types of projects. The container kiosk conversions are robust and securely constructed, but also flexible enough to be relocated if required.
Cafe Container Conversions
Projects include creating a café of around 60 foot (Three 20-foot used shipping containers provided the structure for the project), with a separate kitchen, food preparation area and a service counter. The café was wheelchair / pram accessible and attractive both inside and out.
To manufacture the cafe the conversions team removed side and front walls and joined all three containers into one solid structure. Windows and French doors were installed which added a nice finish and a more aesthetically pleasing entrance to the café. Exteriors can be painted or finished to the customers specifications ( for example we have clad some containers with tongue and groove tantalised timber which gives a beautiful professional high end finish) , which can include applying branding or signage.
Food preparation and public areas
The interior was split into two separate areas, to the rear a food preparation kitchen was fitted with food hygiene grade wall panels. The public serving area where teas, coffees and soups are served was fitted with fire resistant plasterboard for added safety. The interior was fitted with attractive and hard wearing flooring and decorated in a warm and welcoming finish. For projects such as cafés, utilities were installed and there were a number of health and safety requirements, including; interior electrics, smoke detection, air ventilation and plumbing.
Shipping container converted into classroom
All our container conversions are bespoke and we tailor the size to suit the space available. There are a wide number of window and door options plus different interiors and exterior cladding’s to best match your specifications.
Common school design criteria include
- Designed to have as much natural light as possible filling the classroom
- Open plan to maximise as much space as possible.
- Create a dual purpose space that can be used as both a classroom and playroom.
- Ease of access
- Having a building that is aesthetically pleasing on the outside and functional inside.
For school projects interior fit-outs often include building with easy-clean white melamine boards covering the walls, and installing non-slip flooring for safety. To ensure conversions can be utilised all your round, electric heating, power supply and lighting are also fitted into the container classroom.
Container kiosk design and planning project process
- The client outlines the available space and any access restrictions which is an important area to remember before planning any project.
- Working with AJC Retail the client identifies exact requirements
- AJC Retails design team then using artist impressions and cad drawings design options
- Once a suitable working design is identified detailed manufacturing drawings are created ( we have worked on container conversion projects where 120 sq metres of internal floor space is available and four 40′ High Cube containers have been cut and joined to create the structure
- Once fabrication is completed a key element of the project brief is often the external paintwork and branding
- The AJC Retail team can fit additional steelwork to upper levels that require access (for example to be used as a roof terrace) access to the roof can be by a fabricated double size staircase with safety handrails
AJC Retail offers a full turnkey solution for container conversion projects which includes
- Electrical and plumbing for utilities where required,
- A full bespoke internal fit-out which can include kitchens, toilets, internal walls and doors
- Our paint shop team will finish the shipping container conversion with bespoke paintwork and graphics.
Sustainability and Up-cycling – The Shipping Container Ticks All the Boxes
As we become more aware that the continued use of the planet’s natural resources is a concern, finding ways to recycle, or up-cycle materials is a high priority now, and for the future. The use of used shipping containers is positive in many ways and delivers a sustainable approach to construction. For many brands and organisations, this is also a great way to promote their business attitude to sustainability.
At AJC Retail, we believe in extending the life of our shipping containers, working with our clients to ensure that when their use of a container comes to an end, we offer up-cycled or recycled solutions to limit the waste footprint.